Friday, February 15, 2013

Welcome to my blog


Unpublished but copyrighted and with naught that expresses a modicum of strength to truly represent myself as a contender among those who're truly right, scholastic, collegiate, or even, I dare opine, rawly talented in the way of all things poetic, this late-bloomer, nevertheless, is going to extend what has spawned from within his mind as far back as the 1980s. I, now, after all, am a poet, and it has always been my dream to educate and influence others with my writs. Now that mere fear and doubt have ceased from knawing at the tendernesses that are my sensitivities for many years, it is my responsibilty to offer my words (along with myriad others) to public view, and I'm ready.

The best way to describe myself as a poet is one that is simply explanatory. Sure, isn't that one of the major aspects of a poet, a causual observer may question? That answer would be, of course, yes, but since the bulk of my work is title-inspired, though I'm various in thoughts and have written many pieces that were titled last, and this ill-advised experiement has been the basis of how I choose to construct my work to materialize on a page, in a sense this (dis)places me on an island all of my own. Also, to attach an addendum, I define any subject that compels and invokes me to do so; who views his particulars through definition by depiction, and thus present is a wiry, silent poet who points in many directions, but remain stagnant while I travel. A confession forces me to admit that this has proven both challenging as well as strenuous, but overall enjoyable all the while.

With the said being said, welcome to my first blog that's finally a station, a new home for my poetry. Know that here, all are permitted to offer comments and ask questions about all I dared to jot. I even welcome the open door to view any poem submitted outside of my own, and will offer my meager critique(s) thereof.

My poems will be submitted bi-weekly (this includes other updates and video posts) for any and all, as well as a different topic of discussion, to which can be suggested by, again, any and all who frequent this blog. And, for fun, I'd like to post an anodote in re: of my favorite poet with a brief explanation of why each are favored. Lastly, please enjoy yourselves and comment.

-Jarrod Lacy

Graph of Blogger page views

No comments:

Post a Comment