Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Have I Been Here Before?
January 1, 1997

A treasure lost,
A lesson taught

Still singing the same, old songs.

Those all too common places,
And those daily to yearly faces;
It seems that this life is a natural bore.

Quenching for that something new.
By all that is right, what must I do?
I must change for my betterment.

Have I been here before?
I know what's behind that game show's
prize door?

Many predictable things that I don't want
anymore.

© 1997 Jarrod C. Lacy

******

Guitar Solo

February 26, 1997

It's the belief in this world,

Flash or flicker in this world,

The fact that man

Has so many chances.

Sinuous paths many take,

But there are those who are awake.

It's the belief in this world;

Suffer whatever pain in this world;

No time to search for some Lucky Star.

Reality is right here. How dare you travel far.

Come unchained for earned freedom. It's meant.

It's the fuel power pumped by our antecedent.

Pandora may have opened the box

But there are those in long lines with locks

It's the belief in this world

Nobody really escapes from this world

Despite those gadfly feelings

Go, embrance stable healings.

© 1997 Jarrod C. Lacy

******

Afro

May 24, 1997

Cool mushroom shade puffing over brains.

It might draw up when it rains.

You got your pick, Mr. Cool Cat?

Bring it out smooth, and then you pat.

You got a little sheen, Miss Funny Bunny?

Spritz. Add some sprinkle up there, honey.

© 1997 Jarrod C. Lacy

2 comments:

  1. "...But there are those who are awake..."- Thank Goodness. I enjoyed reading all 3 writings, with "Guitar Solo" striking me as particularly poignant, and I love "Afro"...enjoyably entertaining. I like how you read your jams...listened to Bump and Raven... will come back for more! I noticed your stuff is really appropriate for kids too, you must have some you love a lot, or maybe you just love the world. Much good stuff. Good works. Very nice, in my humble opinion. Thanks for posting the opportunity to take a look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angela T., thank you so much for taking the time visit my meager, little blog, and it is an equal pleasure to know that you enjoyed my poems. Though, I have no children of my own, it's nice to know that the acknowledgement of my writs is worthy of the notice of younger eyes. I do, however, have poems with adult themes, but most of them, I'm happy to say, are tame. Again, thank you.
    -Jarrod

    ReplyDelete