Tuesday, June 25, 2013

I Plunked a Ladybug

May 29, 1997

I plunked an innocent ladybug one ill-tempered, sun-dried day.

An innocent, beautiful ladybug caught in a swirling disarray.

Though I'm a lover of pure nature and its wonders from least to greatest.

I was measured by lower mentalities when I so simply became sadist.

Yes, surely to be, my day was horridly, terribly, awfully wrought.

For some solace I sought with a heart piping hot, but a sinkhole made distraught.

I plunked an elegant ladybug in a lurid, erractic way.

An elegant, adorable ladybug who strolled by one memorable May.

Though there are species that click and clack, calling with their nightly song.

It doesn't recall the disadvantage caused by my terrible wrong.

The thought of that precious thing being careened into humiliation.

I prayed the offense wouldn't doom her because of my brash communication.

I plunked a sweet ladybug by accident, some would say.

A sweet, susceptible ladybug who was ruled by a delay.

My reaction was unintended, but unmindful of the strain.

Perhaps that super bomb above impaired my focus from your riveting pain.

Little one, there is a deserving debit. You decide what should be paid.

Since you struggled on your ruby-red back without the thought of viable aid.

I plunked a resilient ladybug, it now seems to say.

A resilient and recuperative ladybug no longer committed to lay.

Relief waded as antidote that healed my half divide.

Of course, the beast is hidden; I brace for the face of Hyde.

I think on the repercussions, priorities I drew with shameful chagrin,

But permissable is the prick to prompt humanity to seep again.

I plucked an excellent creation who should be quartered from a nay.

We are co-existence, so we marvel with a yea.

I plunked an innocent ladybug too tender for a fray,

So I extended my hand and arm to invite her to play and play.

© 1997 Jarrod C. Lacy

1 comment:

  1. -a new favorite for me Jarrod, I love this. So very sensitive, colorful and moving.

    ReplyDelete