Wednesday, February 26, 2014

"What Duty" is the poem post this week. 2/26/14 - 3/2/14


What Duty
April 20, 2001

Service is in need.
My house is clean, but it's the corners and the cracks
and the unreachable that completes the story.
I fill in those to that.
Once home, from work, I whiff the interior therein
first to opening the door, and it's no surprise that pine
and other scents reach for my nostrils and details what
should befit a weekly wipe and rinse.
The act is a sharp reminder of what I did.
Before, and every time a cause for a chore, thoughts
of things being well-done make the daily reality
of it much to endure.
If there is something to do - as this is in every case -
my primary state of direction is a diligent reflection
of a home to make.

© 2001 Jarrod C. Lacy

No comments:

Post a Comment