Thursday, May 1, 2014

This week's poem: 5/1-3/14.

Imperative Statement in a Declarative Format
February 9, 1999

"Remain steady."

These two words that forged the importance of my

sentence has become the motto of this existence,

a theme that plays out a truly struggling effort

on my part, and I'm not remiss to the idea of

self-sacrificing, part of the little lamb, even, lying,

bleeding; I slipped on my own old resolutions,

but will build on newer solutions, apropos,

leading to the appraisal of something

conclusive.

© 1999 Jarrod C. Lacy

2 comments:

  1. "Remain Steady" is good advice. This reminds me, just a month ago, a close friend had consulted with a respected relative for advice to a position and the advice was "keep steady". I guess sometimes, it's about the best thing to do no matter the situation. "Keep hold of that thread" is my usual take on the same advice. That thing we're working for is not always a tangible idea, especially to others . . . but WE know it. WE feel that "thread" of our existence, and the idea is to hold to it. Through the slips, struggles, sacrifices and bleeding- finding "newer solutions". I love how you've used that term. It reminds people that there can be and usually are other solutions. Even when we drop that thread, we can still sense its proximity and take hold again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Angela, for your comment.

    ReplyDelete